- Police Department
- Code Enforcement Department
Code Enforcement Department
The Code Enforcement Department maintains Llano's status as a clean, livable city by ensuring property complies with rules set by City Council. The Community Services Officer routinely patrols neighborhoods for code violations and investigates complaints with a mission of abating issues and educating residents. This department also issues permits for building, plumbing, electrical, or mechanical projects. Also, we provide for the inspection of all permitted work.
The purpose of the Code Enforcement Department is to promote community awareness, encourage compliance regarding City Municipal Codes and to foster civic pride in the community by providing essential requirements to safeguard the public health, safety and the general welfare through the regulation and enforcement of the City of Llano Municipal Codes.
New Building Codes Adopted
As of 01/21/15 the City Council has adopted the most current codes on file in the office of the code enforcement department. The most current copies are
1. 2015 International Building Code
2. 2015 International Residential Code
3. 2008 National Electric Code
4. 2015 International Plumbing Code
5. 2015 International Mechanical Code
6. 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
7. 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
8. 2015 International Existing Building Code
Common Code of Ordinance Violations:
- Sign Litter (I.E Garage Sale Signs)
- Tall Grass, Weeds, and Brush
- Junked Vehicles
- Rubbish and Garbage
- Zoning Violations
- Substandard Buildings
Programs for Citizen Compliance:1.
Clean Up Assistance Program-Up to a 40 yard dumpster provided at no cost to citizen of Llano. If more are needed a cost share of 1 provided for by the city then 1 bought by citizen, and repeat if needed.
Compliance Assistance-This is a new pilot program we are trying out. We assist the citizen with compliance with a max effort of $500 and the citizen pays the balance out by a prearranged payout. The availability is dependent on utility history, and funds available.
Some projects that require permits that you may not be aware of include but are not limited to:
- Decks/Patio Covers/Arbors
- Accessory Structures > 120 sqft(.i.e. garages, storage structures, carports, etc.)
- Remodels, Additions
- Swimming Pools, Spas
- Water Heaters, Water Softeners
- HVAC Change Outs
- Any Structural Changes
- House Painting