The Code Enforcement Department maintains Llano's status as a clean, livable city by ensuring property complies with rules set by City Council. The Community Services Officer routinely patrols neighborhoods for code violations and investigates complaints with a mission of abating issues and educating residents. This department also issues permits for building, plumbing, electrical, or mechanical projects. Also, we provide for the inspection of all permitted work.
The purpose of Code Enforcement Department is to provide essential requirements to safeguard the public health, safety, and general welfare through the regulation and enforcement of the City of Llano Municipal Codes. Promote community awareness, encourage compliance regarding City Municipal Codes, and foster civic pride in the community.
New Building Codes Adopted
As of 01/21/15 the City Council has adopted the most current codes on file in the office of the code enforcement department. The most current copies are 1. 2009 International Building Code
2. 2009 International Residential Code
3. 2008 National Electric Code
4. 2009 International Plumbing Code
5. 2009 International Mechanical Code
6. 2009 International Fuel Gas Code
7. 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
8. 2009 International Existing Building Code
Common Code of Ordinance Violations:
Sign Litter (I.E Garage Sale Signs)
Tall Grass, Weeds, and Brush
Rubbish and Garbage
Programs for Citizen Compliance:
1. Clean Up Assistance Program- Up to a 40 yard dumpster provided at no cost to citizen of Llano. If more are needed a cost share of 1 provided for by the city then 1 bought by citizen, and repeat if needed.
2. Compliance Assistance- This is a new pilot program we are trying out. We assist the citizen with compliance with a max effort of $500 and the citizen pays the balance out by a prearranged payout. The availability is dependent on utility history, and funds available.
Some projects that require permits that you may not be aware of include but are not limited to: