Historical Preservation Commitee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes | View Agendas and Minutes 2012 and Older
The board shall be composed of no less than 5 and nor more than 7 voting members.
The Mayor, Historic Preservation Officer, and City Manager shall serve as nonvoting ex officio members of the Historic Preservation Board.
The term of office shall be staggered, with initial terms of 1 year for 3 members and 2 years for 4 members. Subsequent terms shall be for a period of 2 years. Members may serve a maximum of 3 consecutive terms
About the Committee
The historical district is established to provide protection, enhancement, and perpetuation of historic districts and historic landmarks of historical and cultural significance in the City of Llano necessary to promote the economic, cultural, and educational welfare of the public.
Historic preservation is an effective tool for managing growth, revitalizing neighborhoods, fostering local pride, and maintaining community character while enhancing livability. Historic preservation is relevant for communities across the nation, both urban and rural, and for Americans of all ages, all walks of life and all ethnic backgrounds.
Committee Duties & Responsibilities
- To protect, promote, and enhance the historic resources of the City of Llano by maintaining landmarks that represent distinctive elements of the City of Llano's historical, architectural, and cultural heritage
- To promote economic prosperity and the welfare of the community by encouraging the rehabilitation, maintenance, and use of historic properties and open spaces and creation of compatible replacement construction
- To protect property owners' investments and property values
- To provide for the flexible development and redevelopment within the district allowing for individual personality of all buildings and commercial uses
- To enhance the City of Llano's attractiveness to residents and visitors, thereby supporting and stimulating the economic benefits of local commerce and tourism
- To promote a generally harmonious appearance of both historic and modern structures through the use of complimentary scale, form, color, proportion, texture, and material
- To foster civic and cultural pride in the beauty and accomplishments of the past. To encourage stabilization, restoration, and improvements of such properties and their values