Utility Office

The city supplies electricity, water, sewer, and garbage services to its citizens. All utilities are billed under one billing which is sent out by the 10th day of the month.

Opening an Account

In order to open an account with the City of Llano, you will need to complete a pre-numbered application at the Utility Office. You will need a Texas Driver's License or photo identification, as well as proof of residence (e.g., lease contract, deed, or purchase contract). 

Prior Service Balance

All balances due to the city from prior services must be paid before a new service will be granted. Please refer to Utility Service Regulations: Ordinance Number 1276 (PDF) for more information on utility service regulations.


Payment for services are due by the 25th of the month. Payments can be made at or mailed to the Llano Utility Office during normal business hours or you can make online payments. After business hours, your payment can be dropped in the convenient door slot at the Utility Office. We accept Visa, MasterCard, or payment by check. Arrangements can be made to have the payment drafted from your bank account.

Late Payments

Failure to pay your account in full by the due date will cause a 10% penalty to be added to your account. If the balance remains unpaid by the 7th of the following month, your account is subject to disconnect. Reconnects are scheduled only after the consumer has paid the bill in full, made the minimum payment required, and paid the reconnect fee.

In addition, the deposit requirement is subject to adjustment any time a disconnect for non-payment (including bad checks) occurs. Consumers must pay the amount due plus the amount of the adjusted deposit.

Deferred payment plans

Customers may make application for a deferred payment plan if the following hardship circumstances exist and affect the customer’s ability to pay in a timely manner: A serious injury or illness of the primary or secondary applicant; death in the immediate family; natural disaster or bankruptcy. The City of Llano must be shown proof of the documented hardship to be eligible for the deferred payment plan. Hardship claims do not guarantee continuation of service.

(b)     The following items must be maintained to have continued service:

(1)     Current bills are kept up to date.

(2)     A reasonable deferred payment plan is accepted by the city for payment of all delinquent utility accounts, fees, and penalties, such time period shall not exceed two months.

(c)     Failure to make timely payment for current service or failure to make timely payment on delinquent accounts according to the terms of an executed deferred payment plan shall be cause for termination of service according to regular termination procedures.

Bad Checks

A payment made with a bad check will be treated the same as a non-payment. A handling fee of $35 will be charged and is payable in by cash or money order on all returned checks. After 2 checks have been returned, the consumer will be required to make all utility payments by cash, money order, or cashier's check.

Changes in Services

Consumers may request a change in service location and transfer applicable deposits to the new account providing the old account is in good standing. All changes in service are subject to changes in deposits.

Voluntary Termination of Service

Consumers who request a disconnection of service must leave a forwarding address where the final bill can be sent. The consumer's deposit will offset the final bill and any balance owed to the city. In the event the deposit does not cover the amount owed, the consumer will be billed for the balance at the consumer's new address. If the deposit is more than the amount owed, the city will mail a refund check to the consumer for the credit balance due.

Delinquent Accounts

After 90 days, delinquent accounts will be turned over to the City Attorney and/or a collection agency for collection and reported to credit bureaus utilized by the city.